STAR-ISMS® In Flight Safety Monitoring System
Star Navigation's In-flight Safety Monitoring System (ISMS) is an on-board monitoring system that provides a "virtual window into an aircraft". It is a commercial, cost-effective, air to ground communication system that automatically and securely transmits flight data and incident alerts in "real time".
STAR-ISMS® continuously monitors selected avionics systems on the aircraft as it flies, instantly analyzes the data, and transmits the data and any incident alerts, via satellite to the operator.
The STAR-ISMS® system provides an operator's ground personnel the ability to monitor trends, predict possible failures, schedule repairs, and assist the flight crew to take preventive action as required.
It acts as an early warning system, detecting the earliest signs of potential problems. Importantly, it performs these functions in "real-time" providing essential safety monitoring to the benefit of passengers, aircraft personnel, and ground crew.
Advanced technology addressing various needs in aircraft efficiency:
- OOOI Automation
- Predictive maintenance through monitoring of aircraft systems
- Real-time aircraft localization
- Virtual window into the aircraft
- Improved fuel utilization
- Operational cost efficiency
- Reduce AOG and flight delays
The various industries this can be applied to:
- Commercial Airlines
- Military Aviation
- Private Jets
- Search And Rescue
- OEM Manufacturers
Reducing Aircraft on Ground
With STAR-ISMS® aircraft operators benefit from proactive equipment trending.
Accurate and predictive monitoring ensure that maintenance of aircraft is performed efficiently with the ability to predict component failures and react accordingly.
Passenger Safety and Travel Experiences
STAR-ISMS® monitoring capabilities provide peace of mind knowing that you are flying with a system that performs real-time tracking of aircraft location.
Efficient monitoring of critical system and equipment coupled with trending contributes to reduction of flight delays and ensure more on-time departures.
The proprietary technology of STAR-ISMS® monitors an aircraft's systems data from power on to power off.
Based on specific customer requirements, aircraft information can be streamed to the ground station continuously or transmitted at regular intervals providing a virtual window into the aircraft. Reporting is customized to meet any unique requirements.
- Real-Time Flight Data Transmission
- Online Remote Aircraft Monitoring
- Instant Alert Notifications
- Customized Threshold Parameters
- Customized Reporting By Department
- Transmits up to 18,000+ Parameters per Minute*
- Universal Access via Internet (anytime)
- Stand-Alone System or 24/7 Star Monitoring
- Modular Architecture System
- FAA and Transport Canada Certified
- Flight Tracking
*Depending on available bandwidth